Senior Software Engineer • Jul 2020 — Present
Open Raven is a cloud native data protection platform that prevents cloud security and privacy exposures.
Senior Software Engineer / Tech Lead • Nov 2018 — Jul 2020
As an engineer on the Platform Engineering team, I work on the core frameworks and services powering Tenable's cloud offering. Recently selected as Tech Lead for the Identity team, reponsible for IAM initiatives.
- Evaluating 3rd-party identity platforms, and migrating from homegrown authentication system to Okta
- Designing and implementing a new RBAC system
- Improve and maintain microservices and frameworks written in Groovy, Java, Kotlin, and Node
Skyward, a Verizon company
Lead Java Engineer • Nov 2017 — Nov 2018
Skyward builds software to manage commercial UAV (drone) operations. I was hired to lead the development team in adopting Agile practices, refactor the legacy codebase to enable faster deployment, and to mentor junior developers.
- Refactored airspace generation software for modularity, increased testability, enabling zero-downtime deployments
- Created CI pipelines, containerized services and started using Kubernetes for deployment
- Improved API integration with FAA and other parties
Technical Lead • Oct 2011 — Feb 2017
- Leading the team migrating Jama from a monolithic Java webapp to a SOA – including evaluating and designing service frameworks, building services, and developing a Docker-based deployment model for SaaS and on-premises installations.
- Developing Jama’s first analytics product – data collection endpoints, ETL into ElasticSearch, and visualization with Kibana
- Designing a new technical hiring flow for Jama, resulting in a more efficient and consistent interview process, and better quality hires.
- Building multiple integrations between Jama and other products, using REST/SOAP APIs and custom libraries
Architect (contract) • Sep 2010 — Aug 2011
First technical hire in this financial products start-up. Advising the founders on technology & platform strategy. Establishing development practices for technical hires. Creating hybrid cloud infrastructure with AWS for development and deployment. Implementing proof-of-concept applications. Hiring and leading technical teams.
- Selected and configured source control, continuous integration and collaboration environments for development team
- Implemented portions of debit card platform including card ordering and account management system, CSR functionality, services layer, IVR & SMS integration, batch processing of ISO 8583 transaction
Collaborative Software Initiative
Core Developer • Jan 2010 — Aug 2010
CSI builds and deploys enterprise software products using a unique collaborative approach and open source technologies.
- Inno360: building an open innovation platform for organizations to manage their innovation ecosystem
- TriSano: a Ruby on Rails open source surveillance and outbreak management application for public health
Liberty Mutual Insurance Group
Technologist • Apr 2007 — Jan 2010
ACS Government Solutions Group
Technical Architect • Oct 2002 — Apr 2007
Association of American Medical Colleges
Systems Developer – Enterprise Apps • May 2001 — Oct 2002
Project Lead • Jan 1999 — Jan 2001
Sapient Health Network (acquired by WebMD)
Senior Software Engineer • Nov 1996 — Jan 1999
Languages & Frameworks : Java, Groovy, Kotlin, Python, Ruby, Rails, Spring, Dropwizard
Databases : Relational (Postgres, MySQL) & NoSQL (Cassandra, DynamoDB, Elastic)
Messaging : ActiveMQ, Kafka
Testing : JUnit, TestNG, Spock, Selenium